Help someone anonymously. This is a very simple, fabulous, immediate way to feel uplifted. Try it for yourself. I know that this helps me immediately, especially when I see their reaction.
Here are some of my ideas.
1. Send a gift card to someone who is having a hard time financially. You might know them or not. Send them money or gift card anonymously, and then watch their reaction! 😀
2. Mail a card or letter telling someone how wonderful they are, anonymously. Most people feel unappreciated. Don’t you often feel unappreciated too sometimes? 🙂 Help someone feel acknowledged for all they do, for all they are.
3. Uplift someone online. People often pour their hearts out on online social networking places like Facebook because of the anonymity that internet provides them. If you see comments under inspirational posters, you will often seen people talk about their problems, their sadness, grief, hopelessness. Reply to their comments, and help them feel better. I have received private messages on my Facebook page from people who changed their lives just because of my replies to their cries for help. It makes my day to know that someone who was earlier feeling hopeless has a new direction in life.
4. Send flowers to someone who feels forgotten on their birthday. These days I often see people feeling sad on their birthdays. They feel forgotten. They feel no one cares. Send them a surprise gift or flowers.
5. Leave a beautiful thank you note for your waiter/waitress. Most of them do everything to help us feel comfortable when we go out to eat. Surprise them by leaving them a lovely thank you note along with your tip.
6. Leave a coat, jacket or sweater for a homeless person. It might just brighten their day.
7. Adopt a pet from an animal shelter…adopt a pet who is going to be euthanized. Rescue an animal & save a life. Love that life. Cherish that life. Help that animal spend the rest of its life feeling loved and protected. You will find that you feel rescued yourself.
8. Send gifts to an underprivileged child. There are so many innocent children in this world who long for love, or even simple everyday things like clothes, shoes, books, toys etc. Surprise a child with a letter full of loving words, help them feel wanted, cared for. If you can, send the child a gift too.
9. Send a letter of appreciation to a teacher from your past. Can you imagine how good that will make him or her feel?
10. Burn a CD for someone going through a difficult time with beautiful songs that will help them feel uplifted. Then mail it to them.
Can you think of some more ideas? Write down your ideas in the comments section, and let us together compile a huge list of ideas for helping another being feel better :).