It can be very simple. There are many easy ways of meditating, and this blog post is about a simple guided meditation I created. The video is at the end of the article, but I would suggest you read through this first so you will understand the process and words in the meditation better. It will also help you be prepared for what is to come next.
What is meditation?
Meditation is relaxing your mind and body so you can feel at peace, feel one with your Divine Self, and with God. It is a process through which you can heal your mind, body, and life. And it is a process through which you can hear your Inner Voice.
Benefits of meditation:
3. Relief from stress
4. Better physical, emotional, and spiritual health
5. Increased intuition/psychic senses
6. Self-realization, feeling of closeness with God (even though the truth is, you were never separated from God)
Meditation Positions – choose any that you like:
1. If you can, and if you want, you can sit cross-legged, spine straight on a pillow on the floor with your index finger tips pressed to your thumb tips…and you can then levitate…OK..just kidding about the levitation.
2. You can sit on a chair with legs on the floor.
3. You can lie down straight on bed.
4. And this may seem like the most “un-meditation” like position, but it works for me — I sit or lie down anyway I wish to, whatever makes me feel most comfortable, so that I am not distracted by the discomfort of my body. And it does not take away from the quality of my meditation.
The Golden Light of Joy Meditation (transcript):
I created this meditation as I noticed that connecting spiritually to the pure golden light of our Creator made me feel joyful. So I thought of steps to connect really deeply with this energy to fill ourselves with high energy Divine Joy!
1. Let us begin. Sit or lie down in a position that feels comfortable to you.
2. Take 3 relaxing breaths. Inhale in a relaxed and deep way, and when you exhale, tell your body and mind to relax.
3. Focus on your feet….and imagine them relaxing…becoming limp and loose.
4. Focus on your legs from your ankles to your knees and imagine them getting limp, and loose…relaxing…
5. Focus on your thighs…melting like wax….relaxing….
6. Focus on your pelvis….relaxing…..sinking down into the chair or bed…
7. Focus on your abdomen. Imagine all organs inside relaxing….relaxing…going to sleep….
8. Focus on your lower back…all the muscles there letting go….relaxing…
9. Focus on your chest..ask all the organs and tissues to relax, let go, and go to sleep.
10. Focus on your upper back and shoulders…we all hold a lot of stress and tension in these muscles. Imagine all the tension melting and dripping from your back and shoulders….feeling your muscles there relax….
11. Bring your awareness to your fingers and hands…clench your fists 2 times…and let go…clench…let go….clench…let go…and imagine your hands and fingers relaxing…letting go…
12. Focus on your arms…tighten the muscles of your arms 2 times and let go…tighten…let go…tighten…let go…and then imagine your arms getting heavier and relaxing…melting into the chair or bed…
13. Focus on your neck…ask the neck muscles to relax…and let go…
14. Bring your awareness to your face…and focus on the sensations you feel on your skin, and in the facial muscles. Imagine your face relaxing…feeling calm…
15. Focus on your scalp…imagine relaxation moving through it…
17. Now breathe in slow, deep, relaxed way…and as you breathe in, imagine a ball of pure golden light in your heart.
18. When you breathe out, imagine the ball of golden light increasing in size.
19. Breathe in….intensify the golden light in your heart.
20. Breathe out….increase the golden light to fill you from your throat to your solar plexus.
21. Breathe in…intensify the golden light in your heart.
22. Breathe out…increase the size of the golden light to envelope you from your forehead to your belly button…
23. Breathe in…intensify the golden light in your heart.
24. Breathe out…increase the size of the golden light to fill you from the top of your head to the top of your thighs…
25. Breathe in…intensify the golden light in your heart.
26. Breathe out, increase the size of the golden light to fill you from 8 inches above your head to your knees…
27. Breathe in…intensify the golden light in your heart.
28. Breathe out…increase the size of the golden light to fill you from about 12 inches above your head to your ankles.
29. Breathe in…intensify the golden light in your heart.
30. Breathe out….increase the size of the golden light to envelope you from about 20 inches above your head to about 20 inches below your feet.
31. Breathe in…intensify the golden light in your heart.
32. Breathe out…and fill your entire body and aura with bright golden light.
33. Now relax and keep your mind focused on the intense golden light inside and around you. Keep that vision for a few moments…
34. Repeat after me:
“Every day in every way I am getting better and better”
“I am happy…I am joyful!”
“I am healthy…I am strong…”
“I am successful!”
“I am loved. I am loving. I am lovable.”
“I am at peace….”
35. I will count to 5 now, and at the count of 5, you will open your eyes, feeling wide awake, and better than ever!
36. 1…take a deeep breath.
37. 2. Wiggle your fingers and toes.
38. 3. Stretch your arms and legs.
39. 4. You are feeling energy running through your body.
40. 5. Open your eyes! Wide awake! Wide awake! You are feeling wonderful and refreshed!
Do this once or twice a day. Daily practice will make a huge difference in your lives. Let me know how you feel in your comments below.
If you like this, please share this link on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Email your friends/family, Tumblr, or anywhere else you can think of, and help others feel better too.