I find that keeping reminders around us for inspiration to feel better, happier, peaceful, focused, grateful, etc actually play a powerful role in making our lives happier.
What are some of the words that come to mind when I ask you, “What is it that you wish to create more of in life?”
Some words that come to my mind are:
Or it could be that you need a reminder that we have God and the Angels with us.
One of the fun ways to have reminders around us is to make our own inspiration stones. It is something so much fun that you can do it alone, with friends, with kids…and you don’t know where this creativity will take you. Maybe you could get so good at it, that you could sell these.
Here’s a step by step tutorial:
1. Find some nice smooth stones or pebbles.
2. Decide on your word.
3. Decide what you want to pain on your pebble.
4. Get some Acrylic paints & paintbrushes. Might as well get some permanent markers too.
5. Make a pencil sketch of what you want.
6. And paint! Make sure you put two coats of paint for each color. And wait to dry between coats.
7. Leave space for your word.
8. I chose “PEACE” for my first project…and I see that I could have written it better with markers than with brush. 😀 Use whatever you are better with – brush? Marker?
9. Dry it well, and proudly display where you can see your inspiration stone often.
Here are the step by step pictures of what I was creating last night:
You know, “GRATITUDE” would be a great idea too. Write “GRATITUDE”, and make it a rule that anytime you see this stone, you need to think of one thing you are grateful for. My next stone will be a GRATITUDE stone. Read this article I wrote about how to feel more gratitude using a gratitude object:https://www.swatinigam.com/two-ways-feel-gratitude-everyday/ . And read this article to see proof that gratitude helps you feel happier: https://www.swatinigam.com/tuesday-happiness-tip-gratitude-how-it-helps-you-feel-happy/
If you liked this article, please share and comment. 🙂 And if you would like to get email updates on my blog posts, please subscribe below.
Such an inspirational n great idea!! Thanx
Swati Nigam says
Did you make your stone too Sandipika? :-)))