Have you been feeling down lately? Here are simple ways to immediately improve your mood.
- Close your eyes, and take deep breaths sloooowly…expanding your belly first and then your chest. Exhale slowly. Each time you inhale, imagine the cool healing breath filling your head and cooling & relaxing it. Each time you breathe out, make your body limp, loose, and relaxed. Do this for a few minutes in a focused way.
- Put on some upbeat music, and let your imagination soar…imagining doing things you would like to do, imagine doing things that will make you smile. It does not matter whether you can actually do those things or not. As long as it will make you happy, IMAGINE doing it. Our brains treat powerful imaginations, and actual experiences very similarly. Your emotional response will be the same. You will improve your mood!
- Write a long letter to the Higher Power you believe in — God, Universe, Angels, Spirit Guides, Ascended Masters, or even a departed loved one. Tell them what is bothering you. Pour your heart out, so nothing is left unsaid. Then ask them to help you by giving you ideas, signs, etc on how to be happier. If you can go to the ocean, put a piece of pebble inside the paper, crumple the paper around it, and throw the paper into the ocean to “send” the letter. Or, you can burn the paper up, affirming you are sending the letter through the holy fire. You will feel much lighter.
- Take a big trash bag, and fill it with things you don’t need any longer and can donate. Then donate it. This is a really effective way to improve your mood.
- If the weather is pleasant, lie down outside from where you can see the sky. Watch the clouds float by. There is something about the act of gazing into the sky – it shifts your perception.
- Write a list of things you hold against yourself. Then forgive yourself for each one. Once again, let go of the paper and all the things you hold against yourself by giving it to the ocean like in step 3, or by burning the paper in holy fire. Affirm that you love yourself, and will use this life for joy, love, and peace. Promise yourself that you will love yourself unconditionally. Promise yourself that you will be your best friend.
- Go for a walk on a path you have never been on. Someplace totally new!
- If you can, go get a totally new haircut/hairstyle.
- Dig out old photos of yourself and the people you love. Go through happy times again. Going through old pictures is a great way to improve your mood.
- Do stretching exercises…slowly and patiently, really feeling your muscles stretch slowly.
- Have you tried meditation? Try this simple way to meditate to improve your mood in 5 minutes: https://www.swatinigam.com/meditation-part-1/
Have a happy day!
Theresa Carvell says
Please send me the free ebook and also daily quotes
Swati Nigam says
Hi Theresa! Please join my mailing list. 🙂
I receive your newsletters, however, I would like the e-book, Learn to See Auras. Is it possible to get it.
Swati Nigam says
Cindy, email me. If you get my newsletters, you must have signed up to get a free ebook. Did you get the 12 Steps to Happiness ebook? Email me so I can figure this out and send you the auras book :).
This is a wonderful list and all the tips can definitely help with improving our mood. Personally, I love connecting with animals because their energies help me deal with the root issue of my bad mood. Although I do not own a pet, the birds that are on the tree on my backyard can put a smile on my face instantly!
Patricia Hole says
What awesome ideas! I love this article and will be sharing it with others.
((((Patty!!!)))) Nice to see you here! :-))))))
My life is overwhelming what should I do please tell me! Thank you
Emily, you will need to give me more details, only then I can help. Hugs <3