Where is the Throat chakra located? The Throat chakra also called the Vishuddha chakra in Sanskrit, is located in front of the throat, at the base, where the hollow of the collarbone is, and at the back of the neck, where the third cervical vertebra is.
What is the color of the Throat chakra? Light Blue or Robin Blue.
What does the Throat chakra do?
1. It is connected to the Thyroid, Endocrine system, Lungs, Larynx, Trachea, Ears, Nose, Carotid arteries, teeth, mouth, and Throat.
2. Healthy expression of one’s thoughts & feelings.
3. Personal integrity, honor, honesty.
4. Good at communications — talking as well as listening.
5. Easier communication with Spirit (One’s Higher Self, Angels, Guides, Ascended Masters etc).
6. Helps you be assertive.
7. Helps you be charismatic.
10. Helps with the sense of smell & taste.
11. Self-esteem and self-confidence.
12. Clairaudience (psychic hearing).
13. Helps you seek Divine knowledge & wisdom.
14. Success and failure in life depend a lot on this chakra.
15. Meditation on this chakra opens up your psychic senses.
16. Ability to keep secrets.
What problems might an imbalanced & blocked Throat chakra cause? Following issues could happen depending on an under-active or overactive throat chakra.
1. Sore throat.
2. Thyroid issues.
3. Neck & shoulder pain.
4. Anxiety attacks.
5. Feeling too shy.
6. Teeth issues.
8. Tension headaches.
9. Stuttering in speech.
10. Ear and Hearing issues.
11. Laryngitis and/or hoarse voice.
12. Lack of motivation.
14. Cold sores.
15. Lying, gossiping.
16. Might indulge in overeating & drinking to keep the focus off the problem in the throat chakra.
17. Low self-esteem.
18. Excessive anger, aggression, bitterness, hate.
19. Associated with the subconscious mind & dream state.
20. Doubt & negative thinking.
What body parts & systems are associated with the Throat chakra? Thyroid, Endocrine system, Lungs, Larynx, Trachea, Ears, Nose, Carotid arteries, teeth, mouth, and Throat.
How do you balance, unblock, heal & clear the Throat chakra? There are several things you can do to balance, unblock & heal this chakra.
1. Use crystals like Lapis Lazuli, Aquamarine, Blue Chalcedony, Blue Topaz, Blue Lace Agate, and other light blue stones.
2. Wear light Blue clothes, surrounding yourself with Blue colored decor.
3. Saying affirmations like: “I express myself honestly”, “I express myself clearly”, “I love communicating”, “My Higher Self communicates through me”, “I communicate joyfully and fearlessly”.
4. Aromatherapy with essential oils like Sage, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Chamomile, Camphor, Peppermint.
5. Get Reiki healing, Reiki healing attunement, or get attuned to Reiki.
6. Let go of any issues that are troubling you. If you cannot solve it, just let go. And actually, it is pretty easy to let go through journalling and EFT tapping with a practitioner.
7. Crying helps you clear this chakra too. Crying can be very healing and cleansing.
8. Sing…even if you think you cannot. 🙂 Chanting helps too.
9. Do something creative like writing, painting etc. Express yourself creatively.
10. Drink water. Warm water is even better.
11. Get a neck and shoulder massage.
12. Doing yoga poses like Fish Pose (Matsyasana), Plow Pose (Halasana), Camel Pose (Ushtrasana), Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana).
13. Pranayama (yogic breathing technique).
14. Herbal teas.
15. Focus and meditate on a Throat chakra mandala like this one below:
16. Breathe in light Blue light into your Throat chakra. This is how you do it: Close your eyes, and when you breathe in, imagine a bright and beautiful sky blue light entering your Throat chakra, and brightening and clearing it. Say your affirmations for this chakra along with this exercise.
17. I find visualization most effective for this purpose. Close your eyes, and imagine a Sky Blue disc where your Throat chakra is. You can imagine it to be of a diameter of about 5″. Focus on it for a few seconds, and then start enlarging and brightening this disc. Enlarge it to extend out of your body and around it to a diameter of about 2 feet. Say in your mind, “My Throat chakra is now balanced, opened, and healed”. However, this needs to be done for all the 7 chakras, so they are all balanced. Doing this once or twice a day for all your 7 chakras keeps your chakras balanced, opened, unblocked, and helps you be physically, emotionally, energetically, and spiritually healthy. It also improves your psychic senses.
Next Friday I will write about the Third Eye Chakra.
If you liked this article, please share and comment 😀
PAST ARTICLES IN THE CHAKRA SERIES:
What are Chakras? I have written an overview of chakras as part 1 of this series: https://www.swatinigam.com/friday-spiritiual-psychic-development-what-are-chakras/
Root Chakra: https://www.swatinigam.com/friday-spiritualpsychic-development-all-about-the-root-chakra/
Sacral Chakra: https://www.swatinigam.com/friday-spiritualpsychic-development-all-about-the-sacral-chakra/
Solar Plexus Chakra: https://www.swatinigam.com/friday-all-about-the-solar-plexus-chakra/
Heart Chakra: https://www.swatinigam.com/friday-all-about-the-heart-chakra/
Greetings! Hope all is well with you. I found your post on the Throat Chakra to be very enlightening! I really appreciate your “down to earth” approach when informing us on these superb topics. You take the complicated lingo out of them, and it is easier for us to grasp. Thanks for all you do! Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you 🙂
Swati Nigam says
Thank you Suzanne! :-)))) So glad you found my approach useful. That’s the way I understand things better too – minus all the fluff :-D.
Kristin Valadez says
I’m really enjoying reading these articles since I just discovered them recently. But I was hoping to see another today on the 3rd Eye… 🙁 When will that one be posted up to read? Looking forward to it! Thanks! 🙂
Swati Nigam says
Thank you Kristin! I’ll be writing soon. Most probably the coming Friday. Hugs!
Kristin Valadez says
Ok! 🙂 Thanks for responding! I’ll be looking forward to it then, and happy writing! Lol Glad to have found your site!
Swati Nigam says
I’m glad to have you here too!! :-))))
Rene FAYE says
My SO LOVELY & BELOVED ;
Anna Taylor !!
I thank you very much if in thinking to you by as through this so mysticly lovely which is between us together being from myself side wanted forever !!
So that’s ,
As I had saidi that’s
myelf so lovely & beloved worlding befriendship
through as it’s
F B FOREVERR ..
Pls be back
IN THIS SO MYSTICLY LOVERRRRRRR FOREVER !
This so loverrrr between us together ;
Whole Sub- Saharan Afrfca
BY WORKING AT HOME
TO ERADICATING THE WORLDING POORISM WHICH WILL BE FINISHED DURING THE III rd MILLESIUM WHICH BEGINS THIS XXI rst SIECLE FOREVER
IN ITSELF HUMAIN & INDUSTRIAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
FROM WHERE .LIVE ON ITSEKF SO GREATTEST SPACE BEING AT THIS DAY OEXACCTLY 30.000.000.00 ( Thirty Millions ) KM2 VE A MOREST LIFE F
.ON WHICH LIVE AT THIS DAY
MOREST THAT ‘ RE ,
1.000.000.000.00 ( One Billion ) PEOPLES …
IS IN THINKING ALSO TO THESE SO FULLEST YOUNGERS WHICH WILL HAVE AT THEIR EACH & OTHERS TIMES
MOREST LIFE FOREVERR ….
YES & IF THAT’S
.HUMANISM IS THAT’S
LOVERRR FOREVER !
GOD ONLY SURE
In waiting you backing positively to me in & by this so loverrrrr foreverrr ..;
Yourself So Lovely & Beloved Worlding Befriendship Forever !!
CEO / President.
A I R I C / FAMERT’S GROUP
Direct: + 221 77 382 87
:E-Mail . email@example.com
M’Bund Guirand Fakoul -Djé.
KM 8 , Est , Joal -Fadiouth. Fadial.
Département de M’Bour
.Régions : Thies –Fatick
I decided to take a look at this article. I have had trouble sleeping for months. I use other tools to be in contact with my higher self. I find that the methods that I have used have not been as consistent as I would like. I often have tension in my neck and shoulders. I do say my affirmations, but it wouldn’t hurt to try the ones listed above. Thank you for your ideas and your help. We are here to help and uplift one another. One Love, Peace. Namaste
Swati Nigam says
Thank you Harold. Hugs! 🙂