I read this book where the author conducts a 30 day experiment to see if the Law of Attraction works. And he had GREAT results. I thought that was a great idea, and decided to conduct a series of experiments myself. This way I could prove to me, and to others that this “right thinking” stuff really works, and that we actually can design our lives the way we want to.
Soon enough I got a chance to do my Experiment #1. I know someone, who we shall call Sarah (not her real name). I have known her for a few years, and she has always been really nice and friendly. But to my extreme confusion, she started being really unfriendly in the last couple of weeks. She tried not to meet my eyes whenever we met, and we meet regularly as we visit the same place regularly. She stopped saying hi or bye to me. And she outrightly refused to even acknowledge my presence. That felt really weird. I even tried asking her once or twice if everything was alright, but got very curt replies.
This was all really upsetting because I saw her regularly. All this made me wonder — Did I do something to offend her? Why is she mad at me? Of course I was doing what I shouldn’t be doing — taking it all very personally. However, I couldn’t help it. Finally I did convince myself that I hadn’t done anything…because really I hadn’t! LOL! And I stopped taking it personally after doing some EFT (tapping) and talking to myself and to my angels.
However, that didn’t stop me from feeling bad. Because here was this person who used to be so lovely. And now she was behaving like I was a criminal.
Then I remembered…here was the perfect chance to demonstrate the “Law of Attraction”, the power of visualization, positive thinking, and of Love.
I had already demonstrated the Law of Attraction in this case in a negative way. When she first started to behave odd, I added more energy and emotion to the situation by thinking horrible things, getting mad, getting upset, getting worried for her, imagining the worst things I could. haha!! And what did I get? MORE odd behavior from her. She got odder and odder as the days went by.
Now I decided to change that (yayyyy for me! LOL!).
So I decided to:
1. Relax my body and mind in a few seconds (because I can do that from my regular meditation practice).
2. Imagine her.
3. Surround her with light and love.
4. Visualize her feeling a LOT better (no matter what the reason was), and then visualize her smiling at me, and both of us talking cordially again.
5. Thanking God.
This whole process takes barely 3-4 minutes for me. And so I repeated it 2-3 times a day for 3 days (was going to meet her again in 3 days). Anytime I caught myself worrying about the situation or for her, or getting negative, I repeated the above process.
I met her after 3 days, she still looked a bit odd, but not too upset. I said hi to her, and she smiled back really sweetly! So I sat next to her and asked her how she was. She replied back really nicely telling me how overwhelmed she had been because of a lot of things, and so she didn’t really seem like herself. That her way of dealing with things was to keep very quiet and be alone. But that now she was feeling a lot better. She talked for a long time, just like she used to, before. No sign of odd behavior anymore!
I was really happy…because this demonstrates in such a simple way how our thoughts, visualizations, and emotions affect our experience.
I am going to be doing this with many aspects of my life, and I hope you too can use this simple process to bring about changes in your life.
This is all you do:
1. Relax your mind and body and close your eyes.
2. Imagine the situation that is bothering you – just a still picture would do – you don’t need to visualize the whole negative thing.
3. Surround the situation with light and love.
4. Imagine the situation getting resolved the way you want it to.
5. Actually FEEL the emotions you would feel as if that were really happening.
6. Thank God/Higher Power/Universe/anything else.
7. Let the visual fade and open your eyes.
8. Repeat this 2-3 times a day till the situation actually resolves (and it will).
9. Make sure that anytime during this period you start to feel negative again, do this simple process again, so your negative emotions are replaced with positive ones. This is VERY important, because remember:
Whatever you place your focus and emotions on will be manifested in your life. So might as well focus on what you want.
Conduct your own experiment. Pick any issue you want. If you don’t feel too much hope or faith right now, then pick something small for your first experiment. And do this process. Let me know what happens. Much love to you!!
PS: Editing this to add…my next experiment was an even more amazing hit! It happened only last evening! Will write about that soon.